40-090 Course element Practice
With the course element Practice, you can enable your course participants to go through practice questions independently several times in order to be prepared for later tests and other knowledge checks, for example. With the help of challenges and series, participants can measure their skills independently.
- In your course, click Course Editor in the top left-hand corner under Administration. The course editor opens.
- Under Insert course elements in the Assessment, select the element Practice. The element will now be created in the course structure and you can move it (if necessary later) by drag&drop. Alternatively, you can use the Quick-Add function in the yellow streamlined menu bar to enter the name of the desired element and conveniently insert it into your course by pressing the Enter key.
- In the Title and Description tab, enter the title to be displayed in the course structure on the left. Click on Insert additional information (Objectives, instructions, instructions for the coach). Furthermore, you can set a direct link to this course element in order to refer to it from outside or inside the course by clicking on the text highlighted in blue and copying the existing link. Save your entries.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning Path you can regulate visibility and access, if required:
- If your course is a conventional course, you will find more detailed information on this in HelpCard 10-030. In addition, you can determine here who should have read, write and moderation rights.
- If your course is a learning path, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031. In addition to these options, you can select Challenges completed as a completion criterion in the module practice. Challenges completed: The course element is completed when the number of challenges indicated in the tab Configuration has been completed.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can provide individual course elements with different background pictures or change the text colour. How to do this can be found in HelpCard 10-033.
- In the tab Configuration choose which elements (learning resource Test, Share) you want to add to the practice:
- Add learning resource Test: One or more prefabricated tests can be added to the practice. From these, all automatically assessable questions are randomised for answering by participants.
- Add share: Automatically assessable questions from your lists in the question bank, shared in questin banks or in groups can be added. Please note: only whole lists are added. The questions contained therein are randomly distributed to participants.
Learning resources and shares can be added to the same exercise module.
- In the Practice configuration, set how many levels your practice should contain. The default is 3 levels, but up to 5 levels are possible. Questions must be answered correctly at least three times before the practice can be completed. Up to five levels can be selected.
- Now configure how many questions should be included per series. You can choose between 10, 20 and 50 questions in the drop-down menu.
- Define the Number of practice series per challenge.
- Under Number of challenges for completion (criterion), define how many challenges must be completed for the practice module to be fulfilled.
- Click the red X in the upper right corner to close the course editor. To publish the change, select the option Yes, automatically (for details on publishing, see HelpCard 10-020). In the course view that opens, all changes have now been applied.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0