40-020 Importing questions into the question bank
Questions for a test can be managed directly in the question pool (see HelpCard 40-010). This allows you to use the questions flexibly in different tests or even exchange them with other people.
If you have already created tests, you can export these questions from the test to the question pool. If you have the questions in a Word or Excel file, you can import them using an Excel template (see HelpCard 40-021). If you have questions about the Excel import, please contact the ZID Service Desk (see contact info below).
Exporting questions from a test
- Export the questions from an existing test to the question pool. To do this, open the desired test in the My entries tab of the Authoring main menu. Select the Edit content entry in Administration at the top. The test editor opens.
- You can export a single question, whole sections or all questions from the test. To do this, select the question, section or title of the test on the left side of the structure.
- Then click on the three-dots menu on the right side and there on Export to Pool. A message appears that the questions have been exported to the pool.
- Click on Question bank in the main menu. The question bank opens. All exported questions are now located in the My questions area.
- More information on the question pool can be found in HelpCard 40-010.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0