33-014 Creating question rules
In the learning resource Form you have the possibility to create question rules. Depending on selected specific answers in the Single choice or Multiple choice question type, additional items can be displayed. This functionality allows you to set up various question strings that will be displayed under certain conditions.
To be able to create a question string, the following items must be present in the survey:
- At least one question of Single choice or Multiple choice type with at least one answer.
- At least one layout element populated with the desired content.
To learn how to populate a survey with content, see Helpcard 33-011.
- First create a layout with the question type Single choice or Multiple choice. Give the inserted element a unique name on the right.
- Add a new layout and fill it with the desired content.
- Click the flag on the right side of the layout menu and give the layout a unique name. Save the change. Repeat this in the second layout.
- Now click on Question rules in the upper right corner next to Administration. The Question Rules Editor opens.
- Click the Add rule button.
- First, under Condition in the drop-down menu, select the question and answer you created at the beginning. Under Action in the drop-down menu, you can select the layout element whose content should be displayed when the respective answer is selected.
- Save the setting.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0