10-040 Renaming a Course
In OpenOlat, you can rename a course. This, however, is only possible for autonomous courses. VIS:online-synchronized courses can NOT be renamed.
If you want to change the course title of an autonomous course, you will need to change it in two steps: in the Course editor and on the Course info page.
- Go to Authoring in the main menu and choose the relevant course in the My entries tab. The course opens.
- Select Administration in the upper left-hand corner of your course and go to the Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose the primary course element, holding the title of your course.
- Rename the course in the Title and description tab - both the Short title and the Title and Save your changes.
- Click on the red X in the upper right-hand corner of the Course editor in order to close it. Choose the option Yes, automatically to publish your changes (for details about publishing of contents see HelpCard 10-020). The changes have now been published and will be applied to the course view. However, the changes have not yet been applied to the Course info page.
- To apply the changes to the Course info, go into Administration and select Settings.
- Change the title of the learning resource in the Info tab.
- Save your changes at the bottom of the page. The new title of your course has now been applied everywhere.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0