University Continuing Education Programme
Digital Business – Master of Science
Digitalisation gains increasing importance for economic research, companies and today’s society.
People working in this field are facing the challenge to constantly train their competence in a dynamic working environment.
The master's programme Digital Business is intended to provide students with an excellent overview of the effects and complexity of digitisation in companies, economics and today’s society in a both scientific and practical way.
Please notice: the teaching language of this programme is English.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/90 ECTS-AP
UC 992 230
This continuing education
programme is no longer offered.
The right course for me?
- develop various solutions for challenges in digital transformation in companies and other institutions
- translate gained knowledge about digital solutions into practice
- theoretical and practical fundamentals of methods and techniques in the field of Big Data and Data Analytics and their application.
- graduates of a business of computer science programme
- university graduates with several years of experience in the field of business and computer science
- graduates of diploma programmes, e.g. Interantional Economics and Business Science
- graduates of the universiy of Innsbruck or another institution of higher education who want to make specific use of an educational leave.
- diploma in business / business law
- graduates of a bachelor’s programme
- relevant bachelor's resp. diploma degrees at the university of Innsbruck:
- Diploma Programme International Economic and Business Studies
- Bachelor’s Programme Computer Science
- Bachelor's Programme Management and Economics
- Bachelor’s Programme Economy, Health and Sports Tourism
- Bachelor's Programme Business Law
Participation in the university continuing education courses requires the admission as a non-degree student
The lectures will be held by internationally renowned scientists from the University of Innsbruck listed below (in alphabetical order). In addition, managers and professionals of various companies, banks and institutions will contribute to the master’s programme with guest lectures and special courses.
Department of Banking and Finance
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Bank
- Prof. DDr. Jürgen Huber
- Prof. Dr. Michael Kirchler
- Univ-Prof. Dr. Jochen Lawrenz
Department of Public Finance
Department of Organisation and Learning
Department of Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
Department of Statistics
Department of Strategic Management, Marketing and Tourism
- Prof. Dr. Johann Füller
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Hemetsberger
- Prof. Dr. Katja Hutter
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Koll
- Prof. Dr. Nicola Stokburger-Sauer
Department of Company and Taxation Law
Department of Information Systems, Production and Logistics Management
Department of Economic Theory, Economic Policy and Economic History
The study programme covers four main areas: digital fundamentals, digital firms, digital markets and digital society
- Digital Fundamentals (25 ECTS-Credits, 5 Courses)
- Digital Firms (30 ECTS-Credits, 6 Courses)
- Digital Markets (10 ECTS-Credits, 2 Courses)
- Digital Society (10 ECTS-Credits, 2 Courses)