40-042 Extending the test time
It is possible to extend the duration of a test while it is in progress. However, this option is only available if you have specified a time limit in the test. For more information on time limits, see HelpCard 40-041 .
Attention: Do NOT try to extend the test time during a test via the visibility or access of a course element. Editing course elements during a test will cause the entire course to be automatically restarted for all students in order to update the changes. This interrupts the test for a short time.
To extend the test time during a test for individual or all students, proceed as follows:
- In your course, click on Administration and then on Assessment Tool.
- Select the test/examination in the list on the left.
- Switch to the tab Participants.
- Place a tick to the left of the names of the students whose test time you want to extend and click on Prolong. A new window opens.
- Indicate in minutes by how much you want to extend the test and click on Prolong.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0