40-032 Transferring registrations for overall exams into OpenOlat
Registrations for overall exams are currently not automatically synchronized in OpenOlat. You need to perform 3 steps to transfer the registrations in OpenOlat:
- Create an autonomous course in OpenOlat,
- export enrollment data from VIS:online to Excel,
- copy the user IDs from the Excel list into the member administration of your course.
Step 1: Create autonomous course in OpenOlat (NOT synchronized with Vis:online).
- Click Authoring in the main menu. The Authoring will open.
- Click on the Create button. A drop-down menu opens.
- Select Course here. A new window opens.
- Enter a course title that does NOT correspond to the LV title to create an autonomous course.
- Select the course type Conventional course.
- Under Course access select: Course members (manual management). This means: You enter the participants yourself into your OpenOlat course via the Members management.
- Select Create.
- In the next step, you can insert the most common course elements into the course. Finally, click OK. Your new course opens and you are in the settings. Clicking on the course name in the upper left corner will take you to the course view.
Step 2: Export login data from VIS:online
- Log in to VIS:online.
- Select the the tab Studium and then Teilnehmerverwaltung.
- Navigate to the desired examination date and open the registration list by double-clicking.
- Click on Druckvorschau. The Bericht Teilnehmerliste opens.
- Now select Bericht OLAT-Export from the drop-down menu. The Bericht OLAT-Export report opens.
- Now click on Export Excel and open the list in Excel.
- Select the Account column with the user IDs (do NOT use the matriculation numbers or names!) and copy these IDs to your clipboard.
Step 3: Copy credentials to the OpenOlat course.
- Open the autonomous course you created in step one.
- Click on Administration and select Members management from the drop-down menu. The Members management dialog will open.
- Click on Add member and now select Bulk Search.
- Paste the user IDs you copied in step two into the dialog.
- Confirm the import by clicking Next, confirm the role Participant by clicking Next. Finally, you can decide whether or not you want to send an info mail to the newly added members.
- Click Finish, this will take you back to the overview page where you can check the import.
We recommend that you do not import the registration data until all registration and deregistration processes have been completed in VIS-online.
If this is not possible, we recommend that you do not deregister members from the course individually, but instead use the following procedure:
- Remove all enrollment data from your course's Members management.
- Export the current list from VIS:online again.
- Import the current list into OpenOlat again.
Please note: OpenOlat suggests to send info mails when members register or deregister. You can customize the text of these mails or not send them at all to avoid confusion.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0