40-012 Question bank
In OpenOlat there is the navigation item Question bank. Here you can create questions (see HelpCard 40-010), share them with other authors and generate tests from them. You can also sort your questions into lists.
- Click on the Question bank section. You are now in My question bank.
- If you now click on My questions in the structure on the left, you will see an overview of the questions you have created. You can mark frequently used questions as favorites by clicking on the white flag to the left of the question title. These questions will now be displayed in the structure on the left under My Favorites.
- In the structure on the left, under Shares, you will find the questions that you have shared with others and the questions that have been shared with you. These are sorted by groups and pools.
- You share questions by checking the box next to the question name under My questions or My favorites for the questions you want to share, and then clicking Share below the bulleted list. A new window will open.
- Here you can share the questions with a group or in a pool.
- To create a test from created, imported, or shared questions, place check marks in the boxes to the left of those questions and click Create Test at the very bottom of the page. A new window will open.
- You will see an overview of the questions you have selected. To confirm the selection, click Create test. To correct the selection, click Cancel.
- After you have clicked on Create test, a new window will open. Now enter a title for your test. This title should be chosen in a way that you can find your learning resource later, e.g., Course name-1. Start. Click on Create to save your entries. The test has now been created and you are in the test editor.
- To organize your questions, you can sort them into lists. To do this, select the relevant questions and click Lists at the bottom left and then Create List. A new window will open.
- Enter a name for the list here, e.g., Course name-Exam1. Save your entries with OK.
- Questions added to a list are still visible under My questions. You can also add a question to multiple lists.
Add questions to list
- To add questions to an existing list, select the relevant questions and click Lists at the bottom left and then Add to List. A new window will open.
- Select the list(s) to which the question should be added, confirm your selection with Select.
- You can delete a list by selecting the list in the structure on the left and clicking Lists at the bottom left and then Delete List.
- The list is deleted, the questions it contains are still in the question pool under My questions.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0