Scientific computing relies on mathematical modelling and high performance computing to deal with scientific problems emerging in research, industry, economics and society.
This extension programme is combined with bachelor's and master's or diploma degree programmes in other subject areas or attended after graduation in those. Students gain scientific qualifications in the fundamentals of scientific computing.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is English.
2 semesters/60 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
see detailed information
Information on the curriculum
- acquire competence in modelling and simulation
- understand and adopt numerical algorithms
- learn how to efficiently program powerful hardware
- train interdisciplinary modes of working
- know about chances, risks and limitations of scientific computing
The extension course in scientific computing is aiming at motivated students and graduates who would like to expand their qualification profile through a scientifically founded, application orientated and interdisciplinary additional education in the field of scientific computing.
The admission to this supplementary programme requires:
- Admission to a bachelor's degree programme of certain scientific fields and completion of at least 60 ECTS, or completion of such a bachelor's degree.
- Admission to a master's degree programme of certain scientific fields and completion of at least 30 ECTS, or completion of such a master's degree.
My added value
- increasing opportunities on the labour market in one's own main subject through highly sought-after additional qualifications
- laying foundation to a subsequent specialisation in scientific computing for applications or research
- preparation for interdisciplinary tasks in modelling and simulation for science, industry, economics and society.