The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Mechatronics study techniques to develop systems, processes, devices and products whose essential characteristics are created by the integration and interaction of mechanical, electronic and information-processing components. This results in the development of systems that have a high degree of functionality, efficiency and capacity.
Detailed Information Apply Online: UMIT TIROL Apply Online: LFUI
This programme is carried out in conjunction with the Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT TIROL) in Hall. Students have to enrol at the UMIT TIROL first – tuition fees will be charged – and then at the University of Innsbruck.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Diplom-Ingenieurin/Diplom-Ingenieur (Dipl.-Ing. or DI)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- develop science-based state-of-the art and holistic views on mechanical engineering methods
- choose from two specialisation areas: “Industrial Mechatronics and Materials Science”, “Biomedical Engineering”
- carry out interdisciplinary student projects: Campus Tirol Motorsport, RoboCup@Work
- take courses and carry out projects in cooperation with manufacturing companies
- apply state-of-the-art scientific knowledge to tasks in mechatronics
- develop new methods and processes
My career opportunities
- employment in industries of equipment, vehicle and plant construction
- work in engineering firms
- work for producers of electronic, medical, information porcessing and process control equipment
- freelance and consulting work
- work in educational or research institutions