Islamic Religious Education
The Master’s Degree Programme in Islamic Religious Education offers a thorough education in Islamic theology and teaching religious education. Graduates are qualified for work in the field of education and pastoral care.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Bachelor's Programme Islamic Religious Education or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- gain thorough knowledge for presenting Islam contemporarily and professionally
- acquire sound competencies in intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- gain qualifications to work in education in schools and other educational institutions
- acquire specialised knowledge in Islamic theology and teaching pedagogy and their methods
- become perceptive regarding topics in gender research
My career opportunities
- become a religious education teacher for Grade 1 to 12 (employed by the Islamic community)
- employment in the context of the Islamic community of faith and outside of it, which requires education in theology and teaching religious education