Catholic Religious Education
The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Catholic Religious Education acquire practice-oriented basic knowledge in theology with a focus on education and pastoral care, which are considered from different perspectives. The programme promotes communicative and interdisciplinary competencies. In addition, students gain competencies in treating faith and religion in the public sphere in an academically accountable way.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- recognise and study theological topics
- understand social and ecclesiastic reality from a theological standpoint
- learn about religion and the philosophy of life in the school system
- promote dialogue in matters of faith in the society
- acquire knowldege about the fundamentals of education and theological pedagogy and combine these with practicum sessions in schools.
My career opportunities
- work as a religious education teacher
- work in the educational, counseling and pastoral care sectors