Catholic Religious Education
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Catholic Religious Education deepen their practice-oriented knowledge in theology and teaching religious education. Special emphasis is placed on qualifying students for religious instruction at all types of schools as well as for leading positions in adult education as well as counseling and pastoral care. In this programme education, pastoral care, pedagogy and leadership are seen from a theological perspective while also being considered from various other points of views. Students gain further communication, interdisciplinary and interfaith competencies.
Students acquire fundamental knowledge of education as well as Catholic theology pedagogy and undertake practicum sessions in schools.
With the completion of the programme, graduates acquire the admission requirements for the Doctoral Programme in Catholic Theology.
Detailed Information Apply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study theological topics in religious education
- study topics relevant to society
- learn about religion and philosophy of life in schools, colleges and other educational institutions
- evaluate church-related and social reality from the perspective of Christian faith
- internalise subject specific knowledge and doctrine
Continuing Education Programmes
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- become a religious education teacher in all types of educational institutions
- management positions in education, counseling and pastoral care
- work in the field of psychosocial care
- work in the academic field
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation