The Diploma Programme in Catholic Theology provides a comprehensive and specialised education in theology. The students focus on the most important theological problems and their historic and future solutions. Graduates have an understanding of their relevance in today’s church and society.
The main focus in the programme is systematic theology. The students study biblical, historical, systemic and practical theology as well as the fundamentals of philosophy required for an understanding of theology. Students gain competencies in interdisciplinary thinking and treating faith and religion in the public sphere in an academically accountable way.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Magistra/Magister der Theologie (Mag.theol.)
10 semesters/300 ECTS-AP
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deliberate on theological questions
- understand and interpret religious phenomena
- establish dialogues between the community and church
- learn to consider and discuss matters of faith and doubt
- promote critical thinking
Secondary School Teacher Training
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- management positions in pastoral care
- work in church institutions
- continue in academia and theology
- occupations in connection with ordination to priesthood
- public positions that require competencies in dealing with questions of the philosophy of life and orientation
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation