Remote Sensing & Topographic LiDAR Research Group
In the last decade spatial information has gained new importance in our daily lifes. Advancements in sensor technology make it necessary to develop new methods for data handling and analysis. This enables also a new view on thematic topics.
The objective of the research group is the development and application of methods for handling new remote sensing data types and collected geoinformation to map and analyse geographic phenomena in physical and human shaped environments triggered by natural processes and human players.
The main research focus lies on the exploration of the potential of topographic LiDAR data for mapping and monitoring tasks. Increasing spatial and time resolution allow realistic three dimensional representation of the environment, monitoring its time dependent changes and the modelling of processes in different scales.
Scientific Partner Institutions
- alpS – Centre for Climate Change Adaptation Technologies
- Austrian Research Centre for Forests
- Department of Geography and Regional Science (University of Graz)
- Faculty of Science and Technology (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
- GIScience (University of Heidelberg, Germany)
- Institute for Earth Observation (Eurac Research)
- Institute of Interdisciplinary Mountain Research (Austrian Academy of Sciences)
- Institute of Meteorology (Center for Global Change and Sustainablilty, University of Natural Resources and Applied Sciences, Vienna)
- Research Group Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- ITC – Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (University of Twente, The Netherlands)