The goal of the Doctoral Degree Programme in Law is to develop academics and highly qualified experts for senior professional positions. The students learn to undertake research work independently and in a methodologically correct way with a dissertation as the final assessment.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Doktorin/Doktor der Rechtswissenschaften (Dr. iur.)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant diploma or master's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- acquire detailed knowledge in the academic fields relevant for the dissertation topic
- learn skills for creating academic publications
- learn in-depth theoretical reflective thinking
- present own research results
- understand the professional attributes of an independent scholar
My career opportunities
- work at universities and in other research and educational institutions
- work in the diplomatic service
- work in European and international organisations
- work in national or international businesses
- work in key government and political positions