1990: M. Sc., University of Innsbruck, Austria: Diploma thesis: "Geology and Sedimentology of the Western Muttekopf Gosau Basin"
1996: Ph. D., University of Innsbruck, Austria: Ph.D. thesis: "Deformation and Diagenesis of the Lower Inn Valley Tertiary between Rattenberg and Durchholzen"
2003: Habilitation, University of Innsbruck, Austria, Habilitationsschrift "Deformation of the Northern Calcareous through Alpine Orogeny - Brittle Structures and Synorogenic Sediments"
- field geology and geological mapping
- deformation of sedimentary rocks - soft sediment deformation, brittle microtectonics, section balancing, seismic interpretation, 3D modeling
- regional geology
- GeEN Inntal- Integrative geothermal energy potential in the eastern part of the Inn Valley: A key demo case for resilient geothermal energy supply in Alpine regions
- Fault rocks and alluvial sedimentation in the Central Apennines
- Geometry of thrust sheets of the western Northern Calcareous Alps, systematics of out-of-sequence thrusting, and salt tectonics
- Geometry and sequence of thrusting in the Subalpine Molasse of western Austria and Bavaria
- ACoRE - B: Potential of deep Geothermics in Vorarlberg (alpS - GmbH)
- Geological map sheets Reit im Winkl and Seegatterlfor the Bavarian Geological Survey
- Kinematics and Geochronology in the Rätikon mountains, Vorarlberg
- Paleomagnetism in orogenic systems: Large rotations in the Alps and their structural expression, Rotation of segments of the Northern Calcareous Alps
- Synorogenic Sediments: local and regional scale interaction of deformation and sedimentation, early (pre-lithification) deformation of sediments: key research area: Gosau Group at Muttekopf
- Tectonics and diagenesis in Tertiary sediments of the Inn Valley
- Geological map of the Brenner base tunnel north feeder: Triassic south of Inn valley
- TectonicVB: A program for analysis of structural data (currently discontinued, last version running on MacOS 9.2; use SheepShaver to emulate MacOS 9 on the current MacOS X)