13.00h Welcome by Ulrike Tanzer, Vice-Rector of Research
13.05h Introduction to EPoS and organizational structure by Andrea Hemetsberger (Folien)
13.20h Panel discussion on the strategic view of EPoS and its research units:
Panelists: Representatives of the affiliated research centres, focus groups and the Doctoral Programs.
1. Silvia Jordan - FZ Accounting Theory & Research
2. Alfred Berger - FZ Bildung - Generation - Lebenslauf (Folien)
3. Michael Kirchler - FZ Innsbruck Decision Sciences
4. Frank Welz - FZ Social Theory
5. Nicola Stokburger-Sauer - FZ Strategische Führung, Innovation und Marke (Folien)
6. Kerstin Neumann - FB Sustainability
7. Leonhard Dobusch - DK #Organizing the Digital
8. Franz Eder - DK Political Institutions and Leadership in a Contingent World
Anna Dreber Almenberg (Professor of Economics, Stockholm School of Economics)
Why are there so many false positive results in the published scientific literature? And what is the actual share of results that do not replicate in different literatures in the experimental social sciences? I will discuss several recent large projects, as well as our studies on “wisdom-of-crowds” mechanisms like prediction markets and forecasting surveys where researchers attempt to predict outcomes as well as new outcomes.
15.00h Open Discussion
15.15h Closing Remarks