The Law frames our society, and lawyers mediate between the law and the individual. The students of the Diploma Programme in Law acquire knowledge about the legal system and all areas within it. This programme prepares the students academically for the professions of a lawyer, judge, public notary and other legal professions.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Magistra/Magister der Rechtswissenschaften (Mag.iur)
8 semesters/240 ECTS-AP
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- understand the legal system
- acquire legal competencies
- read and understand legal texts and subject specific literature
- learn to apply the law
- learn to solve cases
My career opportunities
- become a judge
- become a lawyer
- work as a prosecutor
- work as notary public
- work in legal positions in the public sector
- work in special interest groups (chambers, professional associations),
- employment in supranational and international organisations (e.g. European Union, UN, WTO)
- work in politics, culture, social and business sector