* The German News Magazine Die Zeit held a panel discussion with Prof. Wolfgang Dietrich and Dr. Asiem El Difraoui on the topic of Terrorismus und die Illusion vom Frieden in Berlin, February 2016. Click here to stream the video of the event (in German).
* We are happy to announce a double honor received by our program director and UNESCO Chairholder Wolfgang Dietrich this fall. In recognition of his outstanding academic achievements and teaching Wolfgang Dietrich was promoted to Honorary Professor at the University of Innsbruck on October 20 2015. The laudation emphasized Wolfgang Dietrich’s contributions to Peace Studies and particularly the approach of the Many Peaces that is also didactically implemented at the MA Program.
For his contribution to Peace Studies and Peace Work Wolfgang Dietrich was promoted to Ambassador of the Peace Bell of the Alpine Area on October 11 2015. The Peace Bell was erected by the 10 member states of the Association of Alpine States as Symbol for their peaceful cooperation. Each year the title of ambassador is awared to people or institutions for their particular merits in regards to the alpine area, peace and international understanding.
* Now available in print: Variationen über die vielen Frieden (Band 3): Elicitive Conflict Mapping. This volume completes Wolfgang Dietrich´s trilogy. Based on the philosophical foundations of volume 1 and the methodical didactic considerations of volume 2 volume 3 presents Elicitive Conflict Mapping as a practical tool of applied conflict work. English translation forthcoming in 2016.
* The online phase of the Winter Term 2016/17 will take place from September 12th to December 05th 2016 and the presence phase from January 08th to March 04th 2017.
* The online phase of the Summer Term 2017 will take place from March 27th to June 12th 2017 and the presence phase from July 2nd to August 26th 2017.
* The online phase of the Winter Term 2017/18 will take place from September 11th until December 04th 2017 and the presence phase from January 07th until March 03rd 2018.