University Continuing Education Programme
Peace, Development, Security and International Conflict Transformation – Master of Arts
The continuing education programme offers an in-depth knowledge of the latest results of peace and conflict research at the time, security studies and research of developing countries. The programme is open to the latest results and methods of subject -specific teaching and practice and aims at communicating, and continuing the discussion of them, as well as preparing the results in an academic way in practice-oriented trainings. The continuing education programme is held in English.
The right programme for me?
- are able to use theory-based and experimental approaches to deal with research-related and practice-related questions;
- have a sufficiently broad and deep specialist knowledge for independently and quickly acquainting themselves with new tasks;
- can apply their knowledge and skills for solving problems of their subject area in a professional way;
- have acquired subject-specific, personal and social competences that prepare them for executive functions.
Persons, who prepare for a profession in the fields of development politics, human rights, safety and civil defence and professions dealing with national or international conflicts.
- Persons, who can proof that they have passed a subject-relevant Bachelor study programme at a university or a college of higher education or a comparable study programme at an approved post-secondary education institution at home or abroad can be admitted to the continuing education programme.
- In any case, the Bachelor study programmes of Political Science and Sociology at the University of Innsbruck are eligible study programmes.
Participation in the university continuing education courses requires the admission as a non-degree student
Unit for Peace and Conflict Studies
assoz. Prof. Dr. Andreas Oberprantacher, MA
Department of Philosophy
To be announced.
Schedule and dates are found at the website of the programme.
Tiroler Bildungsinstitut - Grillhof
The continuing education programme is held in English and covers four key aspects:
- Introduction to the theory and practice of development cooperation, peace research and conflict transformation
- Aspects of direct violence: transformation of conflicts and questions of safety in and between societies
- Aspects of structural violence: questions of development and conflict prevention
- Aspects of cultural violence: human rights, plurality and “culture(s) of peace”
The university continuing programme will be
offered as a regular programme from WS 2022/2023.