If you would like to complete your studies not only in Innsbruck but also (partly) abroad, the University of Innsbruck offers various possibilities, the best known being
- Erasmus: study one semester or one year at another university, see below
- Aurora courses or short stays at a university of the Aurora network
- Secondos: in Bursa or Zagreb
In addition, the University of Innsbruck offers many other possibilities, you can find out more on the website of the International Relations Office.
Not only studying abroad is possible, but internships are also offered in some cases, e.g. through Erasmus+ and the Aurora mobility. However, the University of Innsbruck does not only offer students the opportunity to go abroad, it also maintains research centers, each of which focuses on one country.
You can find out more about this at the International Relations office
ERASMUS Representative of the Faculty of Education: Andreas Jensen, B.A., M.A.
The first step to an Erasmus stay is to ask yourself where you can and want to go. Students of education and educational science can go to these universities:
- Freie Universität Berlin, Deutschland
- Universität Oldenburg, Deutschland
- Università del Salento, Italien
- Università degli studi di Salerno, Italien
- Université de Picardie Jules Vernes, Amiens, Frankreich
- Universitetet i Oslo, Norwegen
- Universidad de Granada, Spanien
- Universitad de Valencia, Spanien
- Masarykovy Univerzita, Brno, Tschechien
Planning an Erasmus stay takes some time, you should expect at least six months, better one year. Because it is not only the study, but also the accommodation, arrival and departure, perhaps languages / language exams. So you can't do that at the very beginning of your studies.
Leaving at the end of your studies is also not so easy, because there are not always the right courses at the other university.
Therefore: Start planning in time, don't leave too late in your studies (3rd-5th semester).
For the respective winter semester/entire year: 01 April
For the respective summer semester: 01 September
You can find comprehensive information on the International Relations Office page.
There are a limited number of places available at each of our partner universities. If you are planning an ERASMUS study year or semester, you should start looking early.
It is very easy to apply online:
- Log in to LFU-online with your account and click on "my mobilities" in the right column,
- create a "new mobility" and follow the instructions step by step.
- You can create up to four mobilities.
You can learn more from Andreas Jensen, B.A., M.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org). He is available to answer any questions you may have about filling out the form and will also help you coordinate your courses with the OLA.
Our students provide insights into their experiences abroad.