Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility
Within the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme, it is possible to complete a short teaching stay at a partner institution of the University of Innsbruck, provided that a valid Erasmus+ agreement is in place. This mobility is funded by Erasmus+.
The objectives of the Erasmus+ teaching assignments are:
- promoting the expansion and enrichment of the teaching offer at higher education institutions
- use of the knowledge and expertise of academic teachers from universities in other European countries by students who cannot participate in mobility programmes
- promoting the exchange of knowledge and experience on pedagogical methods
- creating intensive cooperation and partnerships
- If there is a valid Erasmus+ agreement: contact the respective department’s Erasmus+ coordinator at the University of Innsbruck in order to specify the project. The departmental coordinator announces the names of the Erasmus teachers to the International Relations Office - usually before the beginning of the academic year, later announcements are possible.
- Receipt of an official letter of confirmation;
- Drawing up a teaching programme (Mobility Agreement) in cooperation with the partner institution (electronic signatures) and submitting it to the International Relations Office.
- The existence of these documents is a prerequisite for the establishment of the mobility agreement and thus also for the funding of the activity.
- Receipt of the Mobility Agreement, which must be returned to the International Relations Office with the original signature no later than 4 weeks before the start of the stay;
- Teaching at the host university, get confirmation of stay signed;
The submission of the EU online questionnaire within 30 calendar days after receipt of the email request, as well as the arrival of the confirmation of teaching and the original receipts together with the signed travel expense form at the International Relations Office shall be considered as an application for the payment of the grants.
Erasmus+ teaching visits 2022/23 must be announced by 31 May 2023 at the latest in order to receive funding. However, it is requested that the documents are submitted before 30.03.2023.
The settlement of the Erasmus Teacher Mobility after 30 September 2024 (end of the academic year 2023/24) is excluded. Costs incurred after this date can no longer be refunded.Teaching staff with special needs can apply for special grants from EU funds.
15.10.2023 announcement of nomination of mobile instructors 2023/24
30.03.2024 conclusion of Erasmus+ agreements for 2024/25 (The aim is to exploit
the agreements already in place, new agreements should only be concluded in exceptional cases.)
31.05.2024 end allocation of remaining places for 2023/24
30.09.2024 settlement of the Erasmus teaching visit 2023/24
- Erasmus+ teaching stays planned for the academic year 2023/24 can be completed between 01 September 2023 and 30 September 2024.
- Existence of an Erasmus+ agreement between the University of Innsbruck and the host university
- Teaching staff employed at the University of Innsbruck are eligible to participate.
- There is an obligation to teach at least eight hours per week
- A stay lasts at least two days (excluding travel time), the maximum stay is 5 days, excluding travel days. Exceptions are only possible with prior consultation and corresponding agreement.
- Weekends interrupt the teaching stay and are seen as private periods of stay.
- In order to allow as many people as possible to take part in a teaching period, priority must be given to those teachers who are taking part in an Erasmus+ period for the first time in the current contract year.
Travel and accommodation costs are eligible, taking into account the maximum grant of EUR 1,050 and the choice of the most cost-effective form of travel:
- The climate-friendly travel guidelines articles on the university intranet are to be strictly observed.
- The surcharge for air travel is automatically added, this amount counts towards your travel expenses, total cannot exceed EUR 1,050.
In addition to the requirements mentioned there, a refund for the use of your own car is only possible after prior consultation and approval:
- No kilometre allowance is refunded, only the cost of a theoretical train journey.
- The reimbursement of additional parking costs incurred is excluded.
- Only the costs for the 2nd class fare (rail travel) or the economy class fare (air travel) will be reimbursed.
- Accommodation costs (incl. breakfast) will be reimbursed with a maximum of EUR 110 per night (actual costs, no average) for the duration of the teaching. Further overnight stays have to be financed by the participants themselves.
- No insurance costs can be covered (travel insurance, cancellation insurance, etc.).
- Costs for taxi rides can only be covered after prior consultation or in justified exceptional cases (e.g. flight delay and no bus connection at night).
Learn more about: