No, there is no such thing as a “Freemover” at the University of Innsbruck. However, since there are no fees to be paid for EU and EEA citizens in order to study at an Austrian University, you can try and register as a regular Student. Third country nationals unfortunately have to pay tuition fees.

Please note that the University of Innsbruck and the Medical University of Innsbruck are two different institutions. You can find the Medical University here: https://www.i-med.ac.at/

We do not offer or organise traineeships in our office. Should you wish to apply for an Erasmus+ traineeship at the University of Innsbruck, please contact the relevant Faculty/Institute directly (https://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten/institute/index.html.en). Trainees at the University of Innsbruck are not admitted as students and therefore cannot attend courses or lectures or take exams.

The winter semester always starts at the beginning of October and ends at the end of January. The summer semester starts at the beginning of March and lasts until the end of June.

Exam dates vary from course to course. Sometimes intermediate exams take place in the middle of the semester. Most exams take place at the end of the semester (in the end of January or the end of June). However, some institutes might hold exams until mid-February/July.

Find out if there is an existing partnership agreement between your University and the University of Innsbruck (your institution’s website or the International Office are the best places to start). If there is an exchange agreement in your field of study, you can apply at your institution and the International Office or the responsible Coordinator will then nominate you by e-mail.

Once you have been officially nominated, you will receive an e-mail which contains the most important information for a successful start of your stay in Innsbruck (accommodation, application documents, etc.).

To enrol successfully for one or two exchange semesters at the University of Innsbruck, you have to upload the complete application documents in due time. Once your uploaded all your documents and your application was processed successfully, you will receive your Letter of Acceptance.

There is no problem and no need to worry. Once you have submitted your application, it is reviewed and you will be informed if documents are missing or incomplete. If you have not heard from us 2 weeks after you have submitted all the documents, please contact us via email.

This largely depends on what you are studying at the University of Innsbruck. Most of the courses in your Learning Agreement should be offered at your own institute because we cannot guarantee your participation in other courses.

However, as long as you are qualified and there is room, it is possible to attend those courses. Please note that courses at the following faculties are available exclusively for students of those very faculties: Faculty of Business and Administration, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, Faculty of Psychology and Sport Sciences and to some extend Teacher Training classes.

First of all, we would like to emphasize the fact that the housing situation in Innsbruck is very difficult. We advise students to find a place to stay as soon as possible. Student dormitories can fill up quite early (especially for the winter semester).

We recommend contacting the OeAD student housing Office in order to apply for a place in a dormitory:

Another option would be to book directly through the websites of the different dorms. If all student dormitories of the OeAD Housing Office are already taken (they only have a certain number of rooms available), you can also try to ask for a room directly at the dormitories.. You can find a list of dormitories here (German only, however, there are links to each website)

If you are looking for a shared flat or your own little place to stay, we advise you to visit this website of the Austrian Student's Union: https://www.oehboersen.at/

Nach oben scrollen