Secondary School Teacher Training Programme
Graduates of the Teacher Training Programme (General Education) are qualified as teachers of the chosen subjects for Grade 5 to 12 students*. Students of this Programme have to pick two subjects (or one subject and one specialisation subject) when enrolling.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor's Programme Secondary School Teacher Training, an admission procedure must be completed:
All future students are required to pass an entrance exam for some subjects to be chosen in the programme, for example Physical Education, Art Education, Music Education – Instruments, Music Education, etc.
The right degree for me?
- gain sound knowledge in the subject matter of the specialisation subjects
- study how to teach the specialisation subjects (field specific pedagogy)
- study general pedagogy
- undertake practical training in schools
- PhD in the subject of the Master thesis
If you have specific questions regarding the teacher training programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Advising Service
Verbund LehrerInnenbildung West (in German)
Studienbeginn (in German)
* "(Neue) Mittelschulen", "Polytechnische Schulen", "Allgemeinbildende Höhere Schulen", "Mittlere und Höhere Berufsbildende Schulen" and in South Tyrol: "Mittelschulen" and "Oberschulen"