Philosophy at Faculties of Catholic Theology
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Philosophy at Faculties of Catholic Theology acquire specialised knowledge about philosophy and various philosophical disciplines as they relate to or are used in other academic fields. They also learn that philosophical thinking leads to ideological convictions that are derived from conclusive arguments and academically reflective knowledge, and to critical opinions. The programme also provides insights into the major philosophical traditions as well as representative contemporary positions.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master der Philosophie (M.phil.)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- contemplate and discuss the big questions of mankind
- study and reflect on attempts to answer big questions
- critically scrutinise attempts to answers big questions and find rational answers
- uncover pseudo problems
My career opportunities
- manage and create complex and novel working and learning concepts
- work in the education, publishing and public sectors, particularly in the religious sector