European Summer School in Canadian Studies 2022
The European Summer School in Canadian Studies is the first of its kind in Europe and a joint venture of the Universities of Innsbruck and Vienna. It pursues two aims: (1) It addresses the multidisciplinary field of Canadian Studies and encourages an in-depth reflection on one of the European Union’s key partners, Canada. (2) It supports students and young researchers from Europe and beyond in building international networks.
Registration is currently not yet open. Please register for Mailing.
Certificate of the University of Innsbruck & the University of Vienna
10 days/5 ECTS-AP (6 ECTS possible with an additional task)
The right Summer School for me?
- interdisciplinary in-depth reflection on Canada as one of the European Union‘s key partners
- better reciprocal understanding with regard to cultural, political, and economic issues
- strengthening the dialogue between students from Austria, Europe, and other countries
- networking between internationally renowned researchers and scholars and high-potential M.A./M.Ed. and Ph.D. students in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- developing critical perspectives on national myths and stereotypes
- students of the University of Innsbruck
- students of the University of Vienna
- students of any other institution of higher education in and outside Austria
- completed bachelor degree
- letter of motivation in English or French (1 page)
- copy of official certificate of B.A./B.Ed. or M.A./M.Ed. degree
- proof of language competence in English and/or French (certificates, transcript of records, etc.)
- application form
Doris G. Eibl (University of Innsbruck)
Alexandra Ganser (University of Vienna)
Ursula Mathis-Moser (University of Innsbruck)
Helena Oberzaucher (University of Vienna)
Stefanie Schäfer (University of Vienna)
Jörg Türschmann (University of Vienna)
ESSCS Office: Andrea Krotthammer / Janni Nielsen (University of Innsbruck)
Bear, Savage McMaster University Indigenous Studies
Dörrenbächer, Peter Universität des Saarlandes Economic and Social Geography
Eibl, Doris G. University of Innsbruck Francophone Literatures and Quebec Studies
Fellner, Astrid Saarland University Anglophone Film Studies
Ganser, Alexandra University of Vienna Anglophone Literatures and Cultures
Lehmkuhl, Ursula University of Trier History
Maillé, Chantal Concordia University Intersectional Studies
Mathis-Moser, Ursula University of Innsbruck Francophone Literatures and
Maurer, Andreas University of Innsbruck Political Science
Quell, Carsten Ottawa, Executive Director, Language Policy
Off. Languages Centre of
Excellence, Government of
Reichwein, PearlAnn University of Alberta Mountain Studies
Sandrock, Kirsten University of Göttingen Anglophone Literatures
Savoie-Bernard, Chloé Queen’s University Writer
Schäfer, Stefanie University of Vienna Anglophone Literatures
Simon, Sherry Concordia University Cultural and Translation Studies
Staines, David University of Ottawa Anglophone Literatures
Thien, Madeleine City University of New York Writer
Türschmann, Jörg University of Vienna Francophone Film Studies
Please check the website for Programme and Speakers.
University of Vienna University of Innsbruck
Spitalgasse 2-4/Hof 8.3 Innrain 52
1090 Wien 6020 Innsbruck
Please check the website for further information on Accommodation.
Costs and Course Fees
Please check the website for Costs and Course Fees.
Registration is currently not yet open.
Please register for mailing.
The participants have to take care of their insurances
(health, accident and liability insurance) themselves.