!! Deadline for applications: November 30th, 2016 !!
!NEW! Donate now until Dec. 18th, 2016 through our crowd-funding campaign "Train Astrophysics Professionals for Development" to increase the number of scholarships for students from developing countries!
AstroMundus is a 2-years Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree programme in Astronomy and Astrophysics (120 ECTS). The programme was initiated in 2009 as an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course and is now continuing within the framework of the new Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. The Masters Course is offered by a consortium of 5 partner universities in Austria, Italy, Germany, and Serbia, with the participation of 4 research institutions as associated partners in Italy, Serbia, and Germany.
The main objective of the programme is to provide top-ranked students with an excellent background in Astrophysics, to introduce them to the world of modern astrophysical research, and foster their future career in this field. At the same time, in the spirit of the Erasmus Mundus programmes, we promote cultural exchanges between non-European and European students and academics.
AstroMundus students carry out their master studies in at least 2 and up to four of these countries, in a stimulating and scientifically excellent international environment.
The official language of the course is English, but students are given the possibility to learn the languages of the host countries by attending language courses at the partner universities.
Successful students will be awarded a Joint Master Degree by all partner universities they have visited during the Master studies.
In addition they will obtain a Diploma Supplement to facilitate the recognition of their degree in other universities/countries.
At the end of each 2-years cycle of the Master Programme the best master thesis of the cycle will be awarded a prize.
The 2016 versions of the AstroMundus Brochure and Poster and the programme poster presented at the European Week of Astronomy and Space Science 2016 are available for download:
AstroMundus offers an excellent educational level in all branches of Astrophysics, as insured by the wide variety of expertise in the field covered by this international partnership. The main topics covered by the Master programme are:
- Galactic Astrophysics (the Sun and the Solar system, the Milky Way, stellar astrophysics and evolution, the interstellar medium)
- Solar Astrophysics and Space Weather
- Extrasolar planets
- Extragalactic Astrophysics (galaxies, galaxy evolution, galaxy clusters, intra-cluster medium, star formation)
- Active Galactic Nuclei (including accretion theory, relativistic jets, modelling)
- Cosmology (including observational cosmology, galaxy surveys, gravitational lensing, very early universe)
- Particle Cosmology
- Astroparticle Physics
- Gravitational waves
- Observational astrophysics from the ground and from space
- Computational astrophysics (N-body simulations, magneto-hydrodynamic simulations)
Last updated on November 16th, 2016