Contact & FAQ


How can I apply for the master’s program?

Applications for study programs at Innsbruck University must be submitted online. Please follow the instructions via the following link. For further questions concerning your application, please approach the Admission Department.

Am I eligible to apply for the master’s program in Strategic Management?

Admission to the master's degree program Strategic Management and Innovation requires the skill to combine a profound knowledge of strategy, organization, marketing, finance, and accounting required for strategic management with knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods. It is assumed that this knowledge has been attained if both equivalence of a bachelor’s degree and qualitative requirements are fulfilled as follows:

  • 15 ECTS credits in (management and financial) accounting
  • 12,5 ECTS credits in marketing, retailing, strategic management, tourism/service management, or public management
  • 7,5 ECTS credits in mathematics and/or statistics

Graduates of the Bachelor's Program Management and Economics and the Diploma Program International Economic and Business Studies at the University of Innsbruck automatically meet these qualitative admission requirements.

Is it possible to start the program in the spring?

In general, it is possible to enroll in the study program in the spring and winter semesters. The actual start of the program, however, is in October. In case you enroll yourself in spring, you may only take courses of the elective courses which do not build on compulsory completion of mandatory courses, so it is highly recommended to start in October.

Is working experience a requirement?


What is the deadline for enrolling in the master’s program Strategic Management?

Officially, you can enroll at the University of Innsbruck until 31st October. However, the courses in the master's program Strategic Management start right at the beginning of the semester (i.e., beginning of October) and are consecutive. This means that you need to be enrolled right by the beginning of October for participating in the courses.
We, therefore, recommend that you apply for the master's program by the beginning/middle of July at the latest. Above all, please consider that the review of your documents takes time, and the earliest possible application is only for your benefit.

Language Requirements

Which language skills do I need to prove?

If you apply for the MSc Strategic Management, you must prove English language skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) at the time of application.For further information please visit the page of the study department: Language Certificates.

Is knowledge of German a requirement?

Our program is taught in English. However, knowing a few German sentences helps a lot in getting along.


Is it possible to study for one term abroad at a partner university?

It is not required but possible to spend one term abroad during the second or third semester. Be aware, however, that it is your responsibility to ensure that you enroll in courses that match the courses offered in the master program. The University of Innsbruck offers a number of joint study programs, which are carried out in cooperation with international partner universities around the world. For further information please visit:

What degree will be received after I completed the program?

Master of Science (M.Sc.).

Is attendance compulsory?

Full attendance is generally required, and active participation is a prerequisite and/or part of the proof of performance.

Is it possible to work and study, while attending this program?

This program is a full-time program.

University of Innsbruck

Are there any tuition fees?

There are no tuition fees for students from EEC countries, except a fee for the Austrian Students’ Union. International students from third countries pay a tuition fee plus the fee for the Austrian Students’ Union. International students from developing countries are automatically exempted from paying the tuition fee. Non-degree program students admitted to attending individual lectures in scientific fields must pay a tuition fee per month, regardless of their nationality. See the homepage of the central study department for exact fees and updates.

How can I find accommodation?

On the official Student Union’s Webpage (ÖH) you can find help with accommodation:


Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We will take care of your request as soon as possible.

Nach oben scrollen