Frequently Asked Questions

We hope to answer some of the questions you might have on this page. Please do not hesitate to contact us if the information you are looking for is not available on this website.




  • When do the exams take place in the winter / summer Semester? 
  • Exam dates vary from course to course. Sometimes intermediate exams take place in the middle of the semester. Most exams take place at the end of the semester (in the end of January or the end of June). However, some institutes might hold exams until mid-February/July.

  • I want to come to Innsbruck as an Erasmus+ student. What is the application procedure like? 
  • Find out if there is an existing partnership agreement between your University and the University of Innsbruck (your institution’s website or the International Office are the best places to start). If there is an exchange agreement in your field of study, you can apply at your institution and the International Office or the responsible Coordinator will then nominate you by e-mail.

    Once you have been officially nominated, you will receive an e-mail which contains the most important information for a successful start of your stay in Innsbruck (accommodation, application documents, etc.).

    To enrol successfully for one or two exchange semesters at the University of Innsbruck, you have to upload the complete application documents in due time. Once your uploaded all your documents and your application was processed successfully, you will receive your Letter of Acceptance.

  • I have been admitted to the Institute/Faculty of …, but I want to attend courses from other Institutes as well. Is that possible? 
  • This largely depends on what you are studying at the University of Innsbruck. Most of the courses in your Learning Agreement should be offered at your own institute because we cannot guarantee your participation in other courses.

    However, as long as you are qualified and there is room, it is possible to attend those courses. Please note that courses at the following faculties are available exclusively for students of those very faculties: Faculty of Business and Administration, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, Faculty of Psychology and Sport Sciences and to some extend Teacher Training classes.

  • I am looking for an accommodation in Innsbruck. Do you have any suggestions? 
  • First of all, we would like to emphasize the fact that the housing situation in Innsbruck is very difficult. We advise students to find a place to stay as soon as possible. Student dormitories can fill up quite early (especially for the winter semester).

    We recommend contacting the OeAD student housing Office in order to apply for a place in a dormitory:

    Another option would be to book directly through the websites of the different dorms. If all student dormitories of the OeAD Housing Office are already taken (they only have a certain number of rooms available), you can also try to ask for a room directly at the dormitories.. You can find a list of dormitories here (German only, however, there are links to each website)

    If you are looking for a shared flat or your own little place to stay, we advise you to visit this website of the Austrian Student's Union:

Nach oben scrollen