University Continuing Education Programme
Medical law – Master of Laws
The increasing juridification and specialisation of the health sector makes it necessary for legal practitioners dealing with questions of medical law as well as for doctors with leading positions in a hospital or other health institution, to acquire additional qualifications. This continuing education programme has deliberately been designed in a way that participants acquire not only legal knowledge, but also gain deep insights into the law in action of the health sector.
Master of Laws (Medical Law – LL.M.)
4 semester / 75 ECTS-Credits
UC 992 539
The right programme for me?
- aquire in-depth, scientifically sound and practice-oriented knowledge in the area of Medical Law,
- are able to recognize and analyse medical-law related problems,
- are able to find suitable approaches for solving them,
- understand the relations of law and health care,
- can apply their acquired knowldege in their work practice.
persons from different fields, such as
- administrative lawyers
- employees of hospital management, pertinent chambers, social insurance and private insurance companies etc., who are interested in legal questions of the health sector and aim at a qualified legal continuing education for their jobs
- a subject-specific diploma programme, bachelor’s programme or an equivalent study programme at an approved post-secondary educational institution home or abroad
- A diploma or bachelor’s programme in Law or Business Law passed in Austria or a study programme in Medicine or Dentistry
- other study programmes passed at other post-secondary educational institutions, if the programme was a requirement for the participant’s job in the health sector and this job has been pursued for a minimum of three years
Participation in the university continuing education courses requires the admission as a non-degree student
Mag. Thomas Krieglsteiner
Dean's Office: Faculty of Law
Innrain 52 (Christoph-Probst-Platz)
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Bernhard Alexander Koch, LL.M.
Department of Civil Law
The list of instructors can be found here.
Schedule and dates are found on the website of the programme.
University of Innsbruck
- Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Medical Science and the Health Care Sector
- International, European and Public Law Framework for the Health Care System
- Law for Health Professions
- Employment Law for Health Professions
- Organisation Law in the Health Care Sector
- Law of Social and Private Health and Accident Insurance
- Rights and Duties of Patients
- Liability Risks in the Health Care Sector
- Settlement of Disputes in the Health Care Sector
- Law and Ethics in Medical Research
Registration is currently possible.
General Information for the Registration for Continuing Education Programmes.
Participation in the university continuing education courses requires the admission as a non-degree student.