Geography: Global Change – Regional Sustainability
Building on a relevant Bachelor’s degree* the students of this Master’s Degree Programme further develop integrated and network thinking skills at the intersections of society and environment. Students may choose a focus from four main topics: urban and regional development, development studies, natural hazard research and mountain research. Students also learn a variety of methodologies from the fields of social sciences, geoinformatics, remote sensing as well as terrain and laboratory methodologies.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen knowledge in the fields of sciences and social sciences
- study natural hazards
- study mountain research topics
- study topics related to the Global South
- learn methodologies used in various disciplines related to the subject
- specialise in regional development, development studies, natural hazard research or mountain research
Es gibt keine ähnlichen Masterstudiengänge an der LFU.
My career opportunities
- engage in an academic career
- employment in planning and consulting offices
- employment in journalism, e.g. newspaper, magazine, television
- work in the tourism field (planning and data research)
- positions in the field of cartography or Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- jobs in land-use planning: regional planning, urban planning, land use planning, location planning
- work in public service departments