Geography: Global Change – Regional Sustainability
Building on a relevant Bachelor’s degree* the students of this Master’s Degree Programme further develop integrated and network thinking skills at the intersections of society and environment. Students may choose a focus from four main topics: urban and regional development, development studies, natural hazard research and mountain research. Students also learn a variety of methodologies from the fields of social sciences, geoinformatics, remote sensing as well as terrain and laboratory methodologies.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen knowledge in the fields of sciences and social sciences
- study natural hazards
- study mountain research topics
- study topics related to the Global South
- learn methodologies used in various disciplines related to the subject
- specialise in regional development, development studies, natural hazard research or mountain research
There are no similar Master's programmes offered at the LFU.
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- engage in an academic career
- employment in planning and consulting offices
- employment in journalism, e.g. newspaper, magazine, television
- work in the tourism field (planning and data research)
- positions in the field of cartography or Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- jobs in land-use planning: regional planning, urban planning, land use planning, location planning
- work in public service departments
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation