Latin (Classical Philology)
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Latin (Classical Philology) acquire theoretical and methodologically founded knowledge about Latin literature of classical antiquity, the middle ages and the early modern period. They also study the historical development and different types of Latin.
As of winter semester 2022/2023 this programme is no longer open to new entrants.
For information on the succeeding master’s programme please consult this page »
The right degree for me?
- become proficient in the Latin language
- understand, analyse and interpret Latin literature
- re-investigate old and newly discovered texts
- develop expertise in the European cultural history of antiquity, the middle ages and early modern period
- learn creative and analytical thinking and rhetorical competencies
My career opportunities
- academic research work
- work in libraries and archives
- work in cultural administration and education
- work in adult education
- work in publishing
- employment in museums and tourism