The Master’s Degree Programme in Chemical Engineering is the basis for working as a chemical engineer in research, industry, technological and environmental positions as well as other related fields in the public sphere. This program is a pre-requisite for enrolment into the PhD Programme in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Diplom-Ingenieurin/Diplom-Ingenieur (Dipl.-Ing. or DI)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- understand technologically relevant chemical concepts in an application-oriented way
- analyse and optimize chemical cycles of materials and their energy balance
- validate and optimize process parameters and apply them in chemical engineering
- develop and scale technologically relevant synthesis and separation processes
- develop the design and safety aspects of technical equipment and machines
My career opportunities
- employment in chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials science industries
- work in testing and certifcation within public institutions and departments
- work at technical colleges, universities of applied sciences and universities
- journalism (publishing houses, IT-journalism, managing data banks)
- employment in the patent system (patent agent, patent offices)