The European Universities Initiative is a funding stream of the European Commission’s Erasmus+ programme (for more details see the website on organisation. In total, the Aurora European Universities Alliance comprises nine full partners from all over Europe. They are:
- University of Iceland (IS)
- University of East Anglia (UK)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Lead Partner, NL)
- University of Rovira i Virgili (ES)
- Universität of Duisburg-Essen (D)
- Universität Innsbruck (AT)
- Copenhagen Business School (DK)
- Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (ITA)
- Palacky University Olomouc (CZ)
Two universities of the Aurora university network - the University of Aberdeen (UK) and Université Grenoble-Alpes (F) - did not participate in the Erasmus+ Call and are therefore not part of the alliance. Additional partners, namely the Copenhagen Business School (DK) and Palacky University Olomouc (CZ), joined the alliance as "full partners".
In addition, four universities are part of the alliance as so-called “associate partners”. In contrary to being a "full partner", these universities do not receive any funding from the European Commission, but can be involved in sub-projects of the alliance. Within the Aurora Alliance, this applies in particular to the sub-project "Aurora Capacity Development Support".