Aurora Mini Grant
The Aurora Mini Grant programme offers a low-threshold funding opportunity to support joint scientific activities with up to EUR 4,000.
The Aurora European Universities Alliance is funding so-called Aurora Mini Grants in order to initiate the development of joint activities between academics of the Aurora Alliance universities in teaching and research. The call for proposals is deliberately open in order to support individual and tailor-made projects related to the objectives of the Alliance. Ideally, these should support mobility and scientific exchange as well as generate follow-up activities and more sustainable networks between the Aurora universities.
The call is addressed to all scientists of the University of Innsbruck.
- Cooperation with academics from at least one other university of the Aurora European Universities Alliance
- Thematic connection to one of the Aurora Pilot Domains:
- Sustainability and Climate Change
- Health and Well-being
- Digital Society and Global Citizenship
- Culture: Diversity and Identity
- Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Thematic linkage/examination with at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Consideration of one of the following aspects:
- Promotion of interdisciplinary competences ("soft skills" or "future skills")
- Involvement of external stakeholders
- Feasibility of the projects
The aim is to distribute research funding as evenly as possible across the faculties.
Further information can be found in the current Call (DE) or Call (EN).
In case of content-related questions, please contact Thomas Baumgartner, while Philip Gutschi is your contact for questions regarding the processing of the grant.
Travel and subsistence costs can be funded for a stay at one of the Aurora partner universities as well as costs for material resources (e. g. for workshop organisation) or funds for student staff. Up to EUR 4,000 can be awarded per application for the afore-mentioned purposes. In the case of funding for travel expenses, the flight levy will be assigned to the applicant's department in accordance with the Green Mobility travel guidelines.
Applications for a mini grant can be made any time. To do so, please send the following completed and signed application form together with an abstract (preferably in German and English) as well as proof of entry into the project database (in case of current employment at UIBK) to email@example.com via email:
Antragsformular Aurora Mini Grant (DE) or Application Form Aurora Mini Grant (EN)
Learn more about: