30-090 Tally List
With the course element Tally list you can create check lists or exam lists, embed them in the course structure and assess them. A Tally list consists of a variable number of checkbox elements. These can be ticked by either the course owner or the participant.
An informational tool, the Tally list allows for the creation of an attendance list and a to-do list.
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Assessment the course element Tally list. The Course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030.
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031. Additionally, as Completion criterion you will find the following options:
- Score: The course element will be marked as done when a points minimum has been reached. Please note that a points minimum as well as a points maximum has to be defined in the tab Configuration for this to work.
- Passed: The course element will be marked as done when it is automatically or manually assessed as Passed. Please note that you need to tick Display passed / not passed in the tab Configuration and add a Passed cut value for this to work.
- Coach has set status to “done”: The course element will be marked as done when the course owner or coach has marked the status of any given assessment as Save and close or Save and set to ‘done’ status.
- All checkboxes marked as completed: The course element is completed as soon as all checkboxes are marked as completed.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033 Layout.
- In the tab Configuration you can regulate further options of this course element:
- Lock tally list for users on deadline:
- Deadline: Choose if the tally list has to be filled out by a certain date and enter a Deadline.
- Score granted: You can assign points to check boxes. Fill in a minimum and a maximum score her
- Levels/Grading: To find out how to have an assessment converted into grades, see HelpCard 40-073 Grades.
- Display passed / not passed: If you activate this function, participants will be shown whether they passed or failed the assessment.
- Type of display: You may choose whether the display is to be Automatic (using cut value), Automatic (using number of checks) or Manually by tutor.
- Passed cut value: Fill in the minimal value of points that are necessary for participants to receive Passed.
- Number of checks needed to pass: Fill in the minimum amount of check boxes that need to be ticked for participants to receive Passed.
- Please note: As soon as an assessment of a participant has been done, you should not change the configurations of this course element.
- Lock tally list for users on deadline:
- In the tab Checkboxes you create and edit check boxes for your Tally list. Click onto Add checkbox in the upper right-hand corner to do that. A new window opens up. There, you will find the following options:
- Title: This will be shown to the participants besides the checkbox.
- Access: You can configure who can mark the checkboxes here. Choosing Participant and coach enables both to tick the checkboxes. Choosing Coach only enables coaches to tick the checkboxes. Participants can view the resulting ticked boxes, not tick them themselves or remove any ticks.
- Label: You can choose between different labels here. Select one.
- Score: Determine if a score will be assigned upon the ticking of this box and how many (this field will only show up once you selected Score granted in the tab Configuration).
- Save your changes.
- Add however many check boxes that you need according to these steps. If necessary you can edit the order in which these check boxes appear in the list after their creation.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further information about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Innsbruck values gender-sensitive formulations. In OpenOlat, the generic masculine is currently still used. References to OpenOlat specific terms are therefore adopted directly for the sake of clarity.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0