30-040 Single page
In the course element Single page you can insert various files in your course. It is possible to put online general information, the course program or a literature list here. The course element single page may be used for the integration of audio and video files as well (see HelpCard 30-042). With this course element you can create and insert a html-site into your course.
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Knowledge Transfer the course element single page. The Course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030.
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033.
- Click onto the tab Page content. Here you have two options:
- Click onto Create page and open in editor. The editor opens up and you can create a page. With the option Format you can alter your text with predefined formatting options, for example headings, paragraphs or text blocks in different font sizes and colourful shadings.
- Click onto Select page. This way you can choose an already existing file (by clicking onto Choose File), create a new file (Create File) or upload a file (Upload File) that you have created with an external HTML editor. Avoid opening an externally created file in OpenOlat’s HTML editor because parts of the formatting may get lost in the process.
- You can exchange this file at any point by choosing Replace page. Replace page replaces Create page and open in editor once a page has been inserted and offers the same options.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further information about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
- To edit the page you need to click onto the created page in the course view and choose the pencil symbol in the upper right-hand corner. An editor opens up where you can edit the page independent from the course editor and Save your changes.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
The University of Innsbruck values gender-sensitive formulations. In OpenOlat, the generic masculine is currently still used. References to OpenOlat specific terms are therefore adopted directly for the sake of clarity.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0