10-090 Deactivating and Deleting Courses
VIS:online synchronised courses will stay in OpenOlat for as long as the course is running and the following three semesters (ending February or September). After that the course owner can deactivate the course. Course owners can delete the course permanently after an additional 30-day period. Copyright rules for learning and teaching material must be complied with, regardless of the OpenOlat policies.
- Choose Authoring and open your course.
- Go to the Publication Status (Preparation or Published) and set the course to Finished. A new window will open up. In Finished status, the course is in the read only mode and cannot be edited any longer, but course members can still access it.
- Select Confirmation and click on Finish. If you would like to receive an e-mail confirmation of the changed status, choose E-mail notification as well. The course now has changed status to Finished.
Please note: You can still set the course’s publication status to Preparation or Published.
- You can permanently delete the course after a grace period of 30 days. In order to do this, you select your course, go to the Administration menu at the top left of your interface and choose Course: delete.
- Click Finish in order to delete the course permanently. The course will now be deleted.
Please note: The deletion of a course is permanent! Permanently deleted courses can NOT be restored!
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
The University of Innsbruck values gender-sensitive formulations. In OpenOlat, the generic masculine is currently still used. References to OpenOlat specific terms are therefore adopted directly for the sake of clarity.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0