The University of Innsbruck
The University’s main mandate is to focus on research and development, teaching and continuing professional education and training. The University is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and students, irrespective of gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, and religious belief, and membership of the travelling community.
Founded in 1669, the University of Innsbruck looks back to a long and variable history. The University has always been a supporting pillar of the Tyrolean society and has influenced the region tremendously. The importance of its status as a research and educating institution can be seen in the numerous award winning alumni and current and former scientists teaching and researching at the University. Many scientific cutting-edge discoveries have been made at this institution. Today the University comprises of 16 faculties and 83 departments.
The Technological Campus
The Technological Campus of the University of Innsbruck is located outside the city centre, close to the airport. It is home of the majority of the natural sciences in Innsbruck, such as biology, physics, mathematics, computer sciences, engineering and architecture. Most of the events of the Urban Drainage Modelling Conference will take place in the lecture halls of the Technological Campus.