- (Service) Design Thinking: get to know (Service) Design Thinking as a hands-on and structured approach to develop new teaching formats or improve the existing ones.
- Methods: apply key design thinking methods including an introduction to design research, stakeholder mapping, journey mapping, personas, identifying opportunities areas, prototyping and testing, and sustainable learning canvas.
- Tools: experience tools for online-collaboration and co-creation first hand (e.g. the Online-Whiteboard MIRO).
- Change of perspectives: develop a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities the world, our learners and ourselves face today and how we might want to deal with that situation.
- New ways of teaching: explore how to enable students to acquire key competencies (or even transformative competencies) especially through transdisciplinary approaches within and beyond the boundaries of the traditional classroom.
- Doing, not talking: clear your head and have fun trying out new things. The course will be highly practical and interactive.
Improve your teaching using Design Thinking! This (Service) Design Thinking for educators course provides a way for educators to gain new perspectives on teaching, research, and problem solving.
It is a hands-on learning opportunity, not by talking about new teaching formats but by actually creating one. During highly interactive sessions, you will work in teams and develop an exemplary course that intends to play with and maybe even breaks the boundaries of the traditional classroom.
Together with colleagues, you will go through a 360° design cycle:
- You do (qualitative) research to more deeply understand the learners and key relationships they might have.
- You discover and define the underlying problem/challenge(s) through analysing and visualizing.
- You develop ideas for solutions leveraging the ecosystem around your course subject: Why is affected? Who can contribute? Who can we partner with?
- You test your solutions with the help of prototypes.
- You balance the learner centric approach with a holistic perspective around the Aurora principles.
We will try out selected (online and offline) methods from the fields of qualitative research in design, idea generation, prototyping and testing and reflect with regard to the transfer into your daily work.
Mag. Mag. Helga Mayr, Geographie
Markus Edgar Hormeß, WorkPlayExperience,
max. 30 Participants
Internal registration - please use VIS:online Tool
Aurora staff - for registration please send an email: email@example.com
Registration Closing Date: 15.11.2021
|MO||06.12.2021 09:00 - 13:00|
|MO||13.12.2021 09:00 - 13:00|
|TUE||14.12.2021 09:00 - 13:00|