This page has been moved to: http://pesfa.eu/
Platform for European Sports Fisheries and Aquaculture
|Home Partners Curricula Glossary|
This European partnership project was determined by an acknowledgement that improvement could be made to currently existing Fish Management, Aquaculture and Sport Fishing practices undertaken within national borders. It was believed that exchange of local knowledge, skills and experiences would identify any similarities and differences in education, local cultures and attitude.
The project would also stregthen co-operation and establish a dialogue structure of industry employers with educational intititutions. It will primarily serve as a tool for tuning in of supply and demand; for example the requirements of the industry versus the output of the educational institutions.
The principle objectives of the project are to:
- strengthen and offer a clear structure to the cooperation and dialogue of industry with educational institutions;
- to develop sector skills for Sport fishing and Aquaculture;
- to create transparency and recognition of the qualifications and competencies in Fish Management in Europe and to realise harmonization and coherence;
- to develop innovative practices in the field and of vocational education in Fish Management;
- to improve the expertise of the participants within their profession.