Welcome to the Research Institute for Textile Chemistry and Textile Physics
The institute was founded in 1982 as a scientific institute of the University of Innsbruck to increase the research and development activities in this important industrial field. It is situated in Vorarlberg, where a main part of the Austrian textile industry is located, about 120 km from the University at Innsbruck.
- Federal Ministry of Science and Research
- Federal Ministry of Education and Art
- Provincial government of Vorarlberg
- Association for the Support of the Research and Development in the Textile Industry - Vorarlberg (Textilverein)
- o.Univ.Prof. Dr. Ortwin Bobleter (appointed as first head of the institute)
In 1989 our institute moved from the original site on the Achstrasse to the new building of the HTL-Textil where an area of 500m² has been planned and equipped especially for the requirements of scientific work. In 1998 Univ.Prof. Thomas Bechtold was appointed as new head of the institute.
Since 1999 the institute is a regular institute according UOG 93. In addition to the basic scientific research and industrial research projects, lectures in the field of textile chemistry, textile physics and applied chemistry are offered at the University of Innsbruck.